The Legendary Entry Rec & Utility Sportsman® 450 H.O.
No machine provides more self-reliance on a hunt, pulls more of its own weight on the farm, makes conquering trails that much easier, or delivers more bang for your hard-earned buck.
- 9.25" Rear Suspension Travel
- 1,200 lb Towing Capacity
- Factory-Installed Hitch Receiver
- 485 lb Payload Capacity
- Combined 270 lb Front & Rear Rack Capacity
- Ride Harder: The 2020 Sportsman® 450 H.O. rides is built to battle tough terrain through any conditions with a heavy-duty chassis and Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI). The 10.5" of ground clearance and class-leading 9.25" rear suspension travel keeps you riding in comfort all day long.
- Go Further: The industry's quickest-engaging all-wheel drive (AWD) pulls you around corners and over rocks without hesitation. With industry-leading 8 gallons of sealed storage and a factory-installed third headlight you'll be going further even if the sun goes down.
- Do More: Get more done with a factory-installed hitch receiver and more than 1,200 lb towing capacity, 485 lb payload capacity and a combined 270 lb front and rear rack capacity.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Active Descent Control: Not Equipped
- Cooling: Liquid
- Cylinders Displacement: 500cc
- Drive System Type: True On-Demand AWD/2WD
- Engine Braking System (EBS): Not Equipped
- Engine Type: ProStar 500cc, 4-Stroke SOHC Single Cylinder
- Fuel System/Battery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Horsepower: 33 HP
- Transmission/Final Drive: Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
- Bed Box Dimensions (L x W x H): N/A
- Estimated Dry Weight: 713 lb (323 kg)
- Front/Rear Rack or Box Capacity: 90 lb /180 lb (40.8 kg /81.6 kg)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal (17.0 L)
- Ground Clearance: 10.5 in (26.7 cm)
- Overall Vehicle Size (L x W x H): 83 x 48 x 47 in (210.8 x 121.9 x 119.4 cm)
- Payload Capacity: 485 lb (220 kg)
- Seat Height: 33.25 in (84.5 cm)
- Wheelbase: 50.5 in (128.3 cm)
- Front/Rear Brakes: Single Lever 3-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake
- Parking Brake: Park In-Transmission / Lockable Hand Lever
- Cargo System: Lock & Ride, 6 Gal (23 L) Front Dry Storage, 2 Gal (8 L) Rear Storage
- Front Suspension: MacPherson Strut With 8.2 in (20.8 cm) Travel
- Hitch Towing Rating: 1,225 lb (555.7 kg)
- Hitch Type: Standard 1.25 in (3.2 cm) Receiver
- Instrumentation: All Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Two Tripmeters, Hour Meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, AWD Indicator, Volt Meter, Coolant Temperature, Hi-Temp Light, Clock, DC Outlet
- Lighting: 50w High Beam, Dual 50w Low Beam Headlights, Dual Brakelights/Taillights
- Rear Suspension: Dual A-Arm, IRS 9.5 in (24.1 cm) Travel
Tires / Wheels
- Electronic Power Steering: Standard
- Front Tires: 24 x 8-12; NS388
- Rear Tires: 24X10-12, NS388
- Wheels: Stamped Steel
ATVs can be hazardous to operate and are not intended for on-road use. Polaris adult models are for riders age 16 and older. For your safety, always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing, and be sure to take a safety training course. For information call 800‑342‑3764. Check local laws before riding on trails. ©2020 Polaris Industries Inc.